British questions snagged from emperor and hooloovoo_42
1. Marmite- love or hate?
Can't remember. Twiglets are OK, so I suppose I like it
2. Marmalade- thick cut or thin cut?
3. Porridge- made with milk or water?
Can't remember. Milk, probably
4. Do you like salt, sugar or honey on your porridge?
All 3 sounds good
5. Loose tea or teabags?
Bags, because I only drink it when doig DIY and you can't be faffing about with loose tea in those circumstances
6. Where on your door is your letterbox?
in the middle. duh.
7. What's your favourite curry?
Lamb, but what sauce? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Dupiaza? Achari?
8. What age is the place where you live?
Todmorden predates the Domesday Book
9. Where do the folks running your local corner shop come from?
Dave used to live on a houseboat in the next town to where I grew up in the southwest. his wife is east european.
10. Instant or fresh coffee?
ready ground fresh
11. How far are you from the sea?
100 miles? Probably a bit less
12. Have you travelled via Eurostar?
Yes, Brussels, Disneyland Paris
13. If you were going to travel abroad, where's the nearest country to you?
14. If you're female (or possible even some males) do you carry a handbag?
15. Do you have a garden? What do you like growing?
Berries and currants, for the wines
16. Full cream, semi skimmed or skimmed?
17. Which London terminal would you travel into if going to the capital?
18. Is there a local greasy spoon where you live?
19. Do you keep Euros in the house?
There are some leftover from last trip abraod. ...and one for supermarket trolleys.
20. Does your home town have a Latin, Gaelic or Welsh alternative
Don't think so
21. Do you have a well known local artist or author?
Ted Hughes is from nearby.
22. Do you have a favourite Corrie character?
23. Are your kitchen sink taps separate or a mixer?
24. Do you have a favourite brand of blended tea?
25. What's in your attic if you have one?
Insulation & pipework. And the inverter for the solar panels
26. If you go out for a cream tea, what jam do you like on your scone?
27. Talking of scones- scon or scown? Jam or cream first?
Scon. Jam - cream smears too much if you try to put jam on it
28. Barth or bath?
Baath. And I grew up next to it so I know
29. Carstle or castle?
30. What flavour of crisps do you favour?
31. If you go to the chippie, what do you like with your chips?
It's all haddock locally, and it's good.
32. Take away, take out or carry out?
33. If you have one, what colour is your wheelie bin?
They're black locally but we have bags
34. What colour skips does your local skip hire use?
35. Do you celebrate Guy Fawkes?
I celebrate having fun with gunpowder
36. Dettol or TCP?
37. Do you have a bidet in the bathroom?
38. Do you prefer courgettes or aubergines?
Courgettes. Aubergines are tasteless mush
39. In the 'real world', do you have friends of other nationalities? Which nationalities?
Friends? What are they then?
40. Do you have a holy book of any sort in the house?
Bibles, and a few things on Zen and Buddhism
41. Do you prefer a hankie or tissues?
Tissues, but I keep a hankie for cleaning my glasses
42. Are you a fan of crumpets? What do you like on them?
43. Doorbell, knocker or both?
44. Do you own a car? What sort?
45. What sort of pants do you guys prefer? Y fronts or boxers?
Neither. Sloggi trunks
46. Anyone still a fan of suspenders?
47. Do you have a favourite quote from the bard?
48. Do you like toasted muffins?
49. Do you think a traditional trifle should contain jelly?
Yes, but I don't want it
50. Do you attend regular religious worship? Of what kind?
No. I'm a "strong agnostic"